Beautiful Skin Micellar Cleansing Water
My skin feels soft and hydrated after this with a bright and healthy look. Removes makeup quick and easy, only takes 2 cotton pads to take my makeup off! Also removes waterproof and long lasting makeup. What I love about this is it has a pump action bottle which allows you to control the amount of product you want.
Soft and Soothes Gentle Toner
I use this to remove the last bit of makeup left on my face. This also hydrates and refreshes the skin while being gentle. This is fragrance free and alcohol free which doesn’t give your skin that dry feeling afterwards!
Total Renew Micro – Dermabrasion Face Exfolitator
My skin felt so much fresh, bright and clear. The aluminium – oxide micro – crystals smooth, refine and renew wiping away dull cells to give you that radiance glow. Also helps to work against appearance of dark areas, sun damage or blemish prone skin. I only use this twice a week max. With exfoliators I am always afraid that they may be too harsh on your skin but this is not too rough but does the job it has to do.
Beautiful Skin Hydration Mask
As I have dry skin I find this gives an intense moisture and hydration boost. This is perfect for when your having bad skin and need a pamper night . It can be left on for 3 – 10 minutes. Leaves skin feeling soft and so smooth. The texture is light and settles onto your skin very well!
I kindly got invited to Collette Griffins Masterclass which was held in the Waterford Health Park Pharmacy by the lovely Sandra. I was delighted as I love Masterclasses as you always learn new tips and tricks! Collette is an amazing person to go to see in action, if you get the chance to see her – GO!! She is great for teaching, you will have such a laugh and made us all feel so relaxed! Collette is always doing tutorials on her snapchat (collettegriff) and she is so easy to follow. Her other social medias are Facebook (Makeup By Collette) and Instagram (MakeupByColletteGriffin).
If your from Waterford and have not been into this pharmacy I would be surprised, they stock lots of brands I love such as Catrice, Flormar, Sleek, Glam & Co, Sunkissed tan, Human + Kind, I could keep going but they also got a few BH palettes in!! Follow there Social Media to see some more new items they get in – Snapchat (whppslievekeale), Facebook (Waterford Health Park Pharmacy), Instagram (WaterfordHealthParkPharmacy).
- Starts with brows, brush through with a spoolie and used Cailyn Brow Gellux in shade “Oak” and applied with a Mac 263. Also Inglot 31T is a very good brush. Small strokes for brows. Cailyn Gellux is waterproof and smudge proof.
- Mix brow gel and duraline together on the back of hand and if it hardens up just add more duraline to make it easier to work with.
- Used Cailyn bright on eye balm for carving, sharpening the brows and fixing any mistakes using Mac 252. We all need this brush it’s supposed to be amazing! Its one of Collettes most loved brush! The eye balm is creating a blank canvas to work on which removes things such as veins on the eye lid.
- For the eyes The balm Meet Matte Trimony and The Nude’tude palettes were used. Collette starts with highlighting the brow bone and inner corner of eye with a matte white.
- Blank Canvas E24 brush – highlighting brow bone and inner corner
- Zoeva 221, 227 & 228 brushes. 228 for transition colour, 221 for building up colour and 227 for darker colour on outer V.
- Nima “Jennie” for blending out the edges
- Mac 212 brush to smudge out liner on bottom. Another brush like this is Blank Canvas E44.
- Collette used Urban Decay Naked Concealer and Cailyn bright eye primer with a Mac 252 on each eye to create a half cut crease look to give us an example on each eye. The Cailyn bright eye primer came out as a better blank canvas as it was more of a white Base. To create the cut crease go over your original crease.
- As she was using a gold glitter she settled the primer with a gold shimmer. Than blending previous colours together with the shimmer to take away the harsh line.
- The glitter used was Cailyn glitter in shade “Blondie” but to stick this collette uses Too Faced shadow insurance as a Base. To stick pigments down she applies straight to the wet concealer/primer used on the eye.
- Eye Rule : Eye colours used on top of to be used on the bottom.
- Eye liner used was The balm Gel pencil liner in black “Mr Right Now” which dries matte. This was smoked out using a Mac 212 brush.
- The balm “schwing” liquid liner was used for a wing liner. A liquid liner was used as it was easier to work with going over glitter and creates a nice smoother line than a gel would.
- The lashes used for the look were Rebeluna lashes in style “kate”. To apply the eye lash glue, cut a cotton pad in half and you have 2 applicators for applying the lash glue to the lash band. Wait about 30 seconds for glue to get tacky before applying to eyes.
- Primer used was The Balm Time balm primer.
- Foundation used was Cailyn HD in shade 03 & 04, mixed together to give an exact shade to match client as she had tan applied. This foundation is super full coverage so never use under the eyes, use concealer. Collette used a beauty blender to press foundation into the skin.
- Urban Decay concealer was used to highlight the face using a Morphe E8 brush to blend out.
- Cailyn banana powder was used to set areas of concealer. If you are Pale do not use this, use a translucent powder.
- To Contour she used The Balm Highlight N Con tour palette using a Mac 163 brush for bronzing but the Blank Canvas F04 is like this angled brush. And an Inglot 4ss brush for contouring with a darker shade and only bringing it out a small amount.
- Using none other than The Balm Mary Lou highlighter using a Sigma F35 brush to highlight the Cheek bones and top of nose and using a smaller brush to highlight cupids bow.
- The Balm Hot mama blush using a Morphe M509 brush.
- Cailyn lip liner in shade “maple”. Collette favourite shade! Uses it for all her lips bar a red lip. Using a real techniques lip brush, Cailyn lipstick in no 18 was applied. Oh what a lovely combo!
- Set everything with Mac Fix+! Also a good dupe someone said for that was Rose Water… hmm may try that out!
Balayage has been around for quite some time now but its one of the most popular hair colouring techniques today. There is a lot of people wearing this but Sarah Jessica Parker is the queen of this colouring technique.
What is Balayage?
It is a French word meaning sweep or to paint. It is a sun kissed natural looking colour for your hair, the principle idea is less is more! This can all be done freehand without foil or meche. A lot of celebs are wearing this hair colour technique, its all over the place even catwalks and red carpets. Balayage works for all lengths except very short cropped hair.
Does it require a lot of maintenance?
No, very little actually! It grows out beautiful and naturally so there is no obvious growth line which can be worn longer between appointments. Balayage isn’t all about the blondes, it can be any colour you want! (red heads, brunettes, crazy colour tend, ANY!) To protect this style hair using a colour protection shampoo and conditioner really helps, I recommend Wella SP Colour Save, Regular treatments and heat protection when styling the hair. For blondes I would recommend Wella SP Silver Shampoo to clean up the blonde and get rid of any brassy tones. This hairstyle can be worn both straight or curly!
Heres a look through a few I found on Pinterest and see if you find one you like 🙂 –>
NOTE TO SELF:
Do something cool and different with your hair!
Continue reading “Hair Style It!”
I have been using MAC fluidline for years and when I heard many makeup artists rave about this product I had to get it!! Inglots AMC Gel Eyeliner in no.77 is seriously the BEST eyeliner ever.. This eyeliner comes in 17 shades all together, other colours such as White, Purple, Wine and Blue. The inglot site: click here Inglot.ie
Continue reading “Is It Worth The Hype??”
All of us beauty addicts will religiously be washing our makeup brushes each week (mostly always a Sunday for me!) because by now, we all know the importance of cleaning them. Cleaning your hairbrush, on the other hand, is an overlooked task… But it shouldnt be!
Continue reading “Do you wash your Hair Brushes?”
So for Christmas I wanted a good makeup brush set. I have a good few brushes dear and cheap but since I am wanting to become a makeup artist I wanted a nice set. I was eyeing up the Blank Canvas 21piece set and I was gifted these for Christmas. I think the are my favourite brushes aside from the fact there Irish their brushes are a high standard and very affordable!
Continue reading “My New Favourite Brushes!”
Todays blog post is about Glitz n’ Pieces. Glitz n’ Pieces is an Irish brand which was launched in November 2013. This brand was started by two friends and buisness partners Ellen and Grace. There online buisness sells a range of womens accessories (rings, bracelets, necklaces), hats and scarfs, bikinis and a few more bits. There website is here where there products can be viewed and purchased online with also FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE.
Continue reading “Favourites from Glitz n’ Pieces”
Makeup Revolution Unicorns Unite Lipstick Collection – This is one of Makeup Revolutions latest launchs. Everyone loves something a little more edgy and fun! And this is 100% a fun one! They are for sure that statement lippie!
Did you know: According to Makeup Revolution – Unicorns are real!
Continue reading “Makeup Revolution Unicorn Unite Lipsticks!”
I bought the new book by Sinead Cady known as The Makeup Chair! Irish youtube beauty vlogger.
This is without a doubt one of the best makeup books I have read! Weather you are new to the makeup world or just want to brush up on your skills this is a great book full of makeup tips and tricks.It is very well broken down to an understandable format and at a very affordable price for €14.95. This will make an amazing christmas pressie for anyone who wants to learn about makeup. This book covers everything from concealing & correct, face & eye shapes , eyebrow shaping & filling etc.
The book is available to buy on the Blank Canvas site!
Sinead Cadys Blog: The makeup chair