Summer is nearly over but that doesn’t mean people are finished going on holidays! Or that Ireland might just get another few nice days in the month of August (Fingers Crossed). What can be better than warm sunny days, floral dresses and icy cold drinks?
That sounds amazing but summer brings a few challenges to our hair, Summer is hard on our hair! Summer heat can damage our hair, gives us oily scalps, make our hair lighter. But, fear not! I am here to your rescue and will share my amazing and simple summer hair tips! The heat and humitidy here has been hard so I thought now was the right time:
- No Heat! First way of protecting your hair is avoid styling your hair with heat as much as possible. I know this could be a challenge for some people but there is a lot of heatless hairstyles ideas that can be done. If you find your hair will go frizzy than a serum is what your need.
- Condition Condition Condition!! We see it to often, coloured hair that gets ruined and damaged from all the salt water and sun exposure.If you are going to be spending a long day in the sun than I would advise you to apply a conditioner all over your hair when dry and leave it soak in. When you are home apply a treatment to your hair, a treatment can help revitalize and rehydrate your hair, bringing it back to life.
- Cover it up! If your planning on being out in the sun for a good length of time consider wearing a hat or scarf to protect your hair and scalp. This also helps to keep coloured hair from fading and turning brassy.
- Chlorine Damage! If you spend a lot of time in the pool and find your hair goes green (yes that can happen!) than you need a clarifying shampoo to help remove the chlorine build up and stops it from going green. If your hair is dry it is like a sponge and would be 1 of the first to experience this!
- Drink more water! We will never hear enough of this! This also does wonders to your hair aswell as body & mind. Water also hydrates your hair and scalp – Otherwise hydrate your hair inside out!
Let me know if you have used any of these tips or if you have any of your own!
Wishing you a very lovely summer and healthy beautiful hair!