Hey ladies :),
As some of you may know from my social media, mostly my snapchat that on Sunday I attended the fab Laura Dempsey Makeup and Too Dolly Makeups first event together called “The Slay Date”. The masterclass itself took place in the lovely location The Parlour Vintage Tea Rooms in Waterford which was amazing! I met up with a few of the Deise bloggers before hand for a coffee; Jamie May Beauty Leather Confessions and Cuddles and Contouring
For those of you who arnt aware of who Laura Dempsey and Too Dolly Makeup are… WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!?
* Laura Dempsey is a Makeup Artist from Waterford. She trained in SCD and perfected her skills working on counter for premium brands in Waterford such as Urban Decay. She now works as a freelance makeup artist, most recently she worked with Marissa Carter on the Campain for The Cocoa Brown ‘Golden Goddess Oil’ and was nominated as Best Internet Personality in the Irish Blogger Awards.
* Jen Morris is a Makeup Artist and Beauty Blogger from Clonmel. She began ‘TooDollyMakeup‘ as a creative outlet it has since grown to be part of her everyday life. Jen has been nominated for Image Beauty Blogger of the Year and also won the public’s vote in the Rimmel London Look competition amassing almost 13K votes!
The event was 3 hours long but it flew (I could have stayed all day with the girls!) During this time they done a makeup look each, Jen done a gold/brown eye with liner and Laura done a festival look, and between it all was chit chats & question and answers. There was a break between the 2 looks and there 2 pop up stands from Castle Pharmacy Waterford and TrndBeauty. Castle Pharmacy is located on the Dunmore Road, its a small shop but its like Heaven in there!! They sell products such as The Balm, Makeup Revolution, Cailyn, Nip & Fab…. Just check them out!! TrndBeauty is a new online website selling beauty and makeup brands such as Best Damn products, Contour Cosmetics, Girlactik and a few more things! Check out the site here.
We recieved a goodie bag full of amazing products! Included in them was Blank Canvas brush E23, Cocoa Brown Instant Tan – shimmer, Penneys brush, highlighter & blush, Nia cleansing balm, Tomitago elixir, Cailyn 7 in 1 mascara, Packet of Popchips (They went down as a nice treat..) Bioderma sample kit, Inkspo temporary tattoos and with Meaghers we all got different things I got- Nip & Fab glycolic pads & 2 Blank Canvas brushes E38 & E32
On the day there was 10% of products on the two stands so from Castle Pharmacy I bought Glam & Co “Drama Queen” lashes and from TrndBeauty I bought the Contour Cosmetics compact 2 palette (Which the girls both used that day and raved about, it is soo pigmented!) and I bought one of the Girlactik Beauty Star base sparkle in “Midnight Black”
The two girls made the day so relaxed and they chatted to us all like we were friends and was like a girly fun chat but learning little tips and tricks. A few tips and tricks were:
- Oily Skin – Use Nivea men post shave balm
- Take sticky part off sellotape and than use it to take off highlight if there is too much (There is NEVER too much highlight!!)
- Use Blank Canvas E44 for lips
- Soak used lashes in Nivea eye makeup remover to clean them.
- “Blending is your Best Friend”
- For eyes: To blend – Put your hand on the end of the brush.. For Detail – Put your hand holding the brush like a pencil.
- Bake with No.7 perfect light powder (Jens fav powder!)
- If afraid of contouring, use dots rather than lines as it will be easier to blend.
This was my first time being at The vintage tea room and the room itself was so bright and beautiful, just the perfect venue for such a glam event! Its like stepping back in time with class and relaxing music.
Before I finish I want to just say a BIG well done to Laura & Jen for arranging an incredible event you have worked so hard it showed it. You girls done an amazing job you should be proud of what you done and I cant wait for the next one! Today was such a fun day 🙂 x