Before I start I think everybody knows who Blathnaid Murphy is… and if you don’t WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!! I love this girl so much she is such an amazing and talented girl for 20 years old! She is by far my favourite Irish makeup artist. When I want inspiration for a makeup look Blathnaid is the first I go to. When I heard she was coming to Waterford for a Masterclass I needed to be there.. I was willing to camp outside for tickets, I wanted them so much.
The masterclass was held in Willow Hair Boutique and tickets were €50, it was worth the money I would have paid more! I was delighted I got up the front and the minute Blathnaid walked in she was relaxed and so we’re us all. I have falling in love with her even more now, I’m telling you the girl isn’t just gorgeous in photos she is perfect! Blathnaid is perfect inside and out, and such a talented girl. I brought a notepad and pen with me to take notes (a few notes)… I wrote 9 pages 🙈 full of tips and a product list of things I need to get (which is a lot! ). She completed 2 looks, a brown smokey with a red lip and a pink glitter eye with a nude lip.
* Always start with the eyes incase of fallout. When your finished with the eyes you can clean it up with a baby wipe before starting your foundation.
* Warm colours are easier to blend than cool colours
* Big fluffy brush – spreads out the shadow and for blending
Small brush – for detailed shadow
* Ran out of eye primer, use the foundation to but either way always set the eye after with a powder.
* If you think the colour is gone up to far use a clean fluffy brush to clean it up.
* Shimmer colours – pop
Matte colours – sink in
* If your like me and sometimes get a watery eye, If it’s happening when your going somewhere nice go for a dark or bold lip and go real settle on the eyes!
* Watery eyes should wear individual lashes rather than strip.
* Now to put on glitters! You can use duraline but using duo glue makes the glitter more sparkly
* Make up artists – spend a half hour on eyes and 15 mins for face.
* Always carries Sally Hansen spray in medium in her kit for neck area if anyone has a tan fail.. and blend it out with a fluffy brush.
* When blending out black eyeshadow always mix it with another colour for better look and blend.
* Inglot sparkling dust: 01 – Pale skin
02 – medium skin (most popular, suits everyone)
03 – tanned skin
* When putting a glitter on your eyes place a tissue underneath your eye and hold it while patting the glitter on so any that falls lands on the tissue and not on your face.
* Want a dewy look foundation but going out all day and night. Go for a matte foundation because than it will go dewy throughout the day.
* To make your matte foundation into a dewy foundation, add a drop of duraline.
If you can go to one of Blathnaid masterclasses, GO! I have gone to a few masterclasses and this was my favourite one not because I love her but the fact I came out with so much more information. Hope you enjoyed this post and learned a few bits! Here really a few pictures of her kit: