It has been festival season a while now but with Longitude being on this weekend I thought I would do a festival style post. Being festival season means bring out the tents and heading to… More
You have no idea how long I was looking for a red leather jacket for!
I used to never wear red, hated the colour and now I love it.. I fell in love with the jacket Michael Jackson wore and had to have one. Its a nice twist with a colour and far away from black. As I wear too much black it is nice to have a colour to make it pop.
If your like me and love a red leather jacket, here are a few outfit ideas (from pinterest);
Urban Decay Rehab Makeup Prep Range
Urban Decay, a well known and a well loved brand, has understood that makeup and skincare should go hand in hand as great makeup starts with even better skin!! They have now launched there very first skin care collection. On the night these were the ones that were used and talked about:
- Hot Springs Hydrating Gel – This product will hydrate, balance and energize your complexion post cleansing. Also has intense moisture without feeling greasy! It has a lightweight formula with its main ingredient being water. This gel instantly hydrates your skin and it will not cause your foundation to smudge. €29
- Melt down makeup remover – This product is a mighty makeup remover as it melts down the makeup and removes the longest lasting products that are so hard to budge, we all have that waterproof liner that is so hard to shift! Apply this all over and wipe away with a cloth. This creamy gel is non greasy so there is no need to wash off any residue afterwards. This is very good for removing fallout when you do your eyes first. €30
- Pore Refining Gel – This product is a vacuum for pores!! Made up of 9 skin nourishing plant extracts. This peel off mask significantly reduces the appearance of pores and leaves you with glowing skin. This is only applied to your T- zone or any problem areas! €29
- Lip Love – Your lips need love to so this product is on my list! This product hydrates, leaving them soft and smooth. With a blend of nourishing Shea butter and Coconut oil, this new lip moisturizer will keep lips from drying out. Great for you girls who wear long wear matte lipsticks!! Apply before going to bed to nourish those lips back up or apply a light coat before applying your makeup. €14
(picture credit – Urban Decay site)
Lisa Murphys Makeup Look:
- First off B6 spray was used. Spray over the face and leave sit for 30 secs to refresh the face.
- Lisa always uses a primer and really recommends them as they are necessary! Primers blend into the skin and into any fine lines and fills in any open pores. All products are sitting on it and acts as a barrier, great to apply where you find makeup comes off during the day! Works better when applied with hands.
- Urban Decay has 4 different types of primers. Lisa used the optical illusion primer for this looks as it is used for all skin types.
- The look lisa done was a day look so she popped on foundation first. Using the all nighter foundation and one pump usually does all thr face depending on what coverage you would like. The shade she used is 4.0 this colour is the most popular shade with tan. This tan oxidises 1 or 2 min than thats the shade it will be for the rest of day! Leaving undereye free from foundation as it would be to heavy! This foundation is so matte that it does need to be set.
- Concealer used was shade “light warm” Applying to under eyes! €23. Also comes in your colour correction shades; green, lavender, pink, yellow and peach.
- Next up is priming the eyes with Primer Potion “Eden” eye primer, this enhances any colour put on top of it. Set down with deslick powder, this is great for oily skin or if you find makeup slips off your face. This powder doesnt add any colour to face it keeps it the same colour as underneath. Using this to set eyes makes shadows blend so much easier.
- Using the new palette “Nocturnal” which contains the first every shadow urban decay ever realised!! This palette is selling out so quick as it is a great palette and a really versatile one. Top part is natural colours and bottom is crazy looks!! creating a nice day time look started with e29 brush using a credit gum….next colour is baby and focusing more on the lid! Than midnight cowboy with an eyeliner smudger brush focusing on inner corner
- Using 2 different bronzer, 1 as blush and 1 as bronzer! Sunkissed is lovely as blush with tan! Beached bronzer to use to bronze up the face using f107
Same brush to use for blush and using sunkissed. On pale skin it would be used as a bronzer but with tan gives a lovely blush
- Using 2 products for brows. Lisas loving powders now as gel gives to much of a definite brow.. using brown sugar brow box, each brow box palette comes with 2 shades and a wax, brow brush and tweezers. €26.50 .. Than a gel is used which highlights natural hairs on brows but also sets them into place and stray hairs!
- Mascara used is Perversion which is Blackest mascara they have! Subversion mascara is a white mascara but gives a great curl on the lashes. Leave sit for 10-15 seconds than apply perversion mascara on afterwards which gives an amazing end result!
- Lip liner, do not use one without being topped!! Your asking for a disaster! Using liner and lipstick called “714” which is red and using a mega matte lipstick. Urban Decay has 5 different finishs lipstick.
- Highlight using naked flushed palette.. €31 nooner lisas favourite one!
- Using same palette outer corner “backfire” focusing on outer corner in a v shape to give a night time eye look.
- Setting with all nighter spray, there is 3 different sprays; long lasting, oil control and cooling & hydrating. They can all be used throughout the day! Comes in mini which is ideal for nights out!
Stylist and Personal shopper in Debenhams Waterford, Elaine Douglas, showed us all the latest fashion trends. This is also a free service if you need a hand!
- All jeans in Debenhams stores mould to your body shape.
- If your legs are small and top is heavy, show off your legs by wearing print on your bottoms such as trousers, skirt and shorts as this draws less attention to your top part of your body.
- Jumpsuits are on trend big time this season!
- Have key items and mix and match your outfits!
- Bra sized should be checked every 6 months! Wearing the wrong size can put pressure on areas such as your back and shoulders.
If I learned something from the fashion side is to get in as soon as possible and get fitted for a bra properly!!
This trend is becoming a favourite and so easy to put a look together. Whatever your style – girly, edgy, grungy or casual there is a style for each one of you!
Here are some tshirt dresses I found on PrettyLittleThing.com and have been loving :
- Sindiqa Black Gingham Plunge V Neck T Shirt Dress €21
- Basic Black V Neck T Shirt Dress €14.00
- ACDC Cut Out Distressed T shirt Dress €16.80
- Alessa Black Lace Detail Plunge T-Shirt Dress €25.20
- Stay Weird Black Print T-Shirt Dress €20.25
- Raiders Black Slogan T Shirt Dress €28.00
- Fearless Rebellion Nude T Shirt Dress €16.80
- Live N Love Grey Choker Detail T Shirt Dress €21.00
- Eagles Slogan Black Extreme Plunge T-Shirt Dress €25.20
Fishnets are the trend for this season.
This trend has quite the modern chic feeling to it. It’s quite a tricky piece to style as you could get it completely wrong! It’s not a trend for everyone but I love it! Here is a few images that will help you style them if you are like me and want to master this trend.
Seeing this on blogger Dominique Nugent (Love Fashion and Fros) instagram just set me off to love this style!
I watched the documentary “Advanced Style” which is about a man, Ari Seth Cohen, who set up a blog that he photographed and interviewed stylish older woman that he saw around New York. Ari started the blog to inspire people to look at aging in a new light, he has beautiful images showing strong stylish senior citizens. His blog has also been made into a book and also the documentary film I watched. Ari said that young woman could also learn from the documentary “the Advanced Style ladies are confident, bold, expressive and incredibly vital. I hope younger woman are inspired by their freedom and individuality” which I agree with!
These woman have grown old and glamorously which sounds like the way I would love to. These woman tell their life stories and it’s great to learn there wisdom. The woman know themselves which is the key to style! This documentary shows there’s always something to look forward to at any age.
I kindly got invited to Collette Griffins Masterclass which was held in the Waterford Health Park Pharmacy by the lovely Sandra. I was delighted as I love Masterclasses as you always learn new tips and tricks! Collette is an amazing person to go to see in action, if you get the chance to see her – GO!! She is great for teaching, you will have such a laugh and made us all feel so relaxed! Collette is always doing tutorials on her snapchat (collettegriff) and she is so easy to follow. Her other social medias are Facebook (Makeup By Collette) and Instagram (MakeupByColletteGriffin).
If your from Waterford and have not been into this pharmacy I would be surprised, they stock lots of brands I love such as Catrice, Flormar, Sleek, Glam & Co, Sunkissed tan, Human + Kind, I could keep going but they also got a few BH palettes in!! Follow there Social Media to see some more new items they get in – Snapchat (whppslievekeale), Facebook (Waterford Health Park Pharmacy), Instagram (WaterfordHealthParkPharmacy).
- Starts with brows, brush through with a spoolie and used Cailyn Brow Gellux in shade “Oak” and applied with a Mac 263. Also Inglot 31T is a very good brush. Small strokes for brows. Cailyn Gellux is waterproof and smudge proof.
- Mix brow gel and duraline together on the back of hand and if it hardens up just add more duraline to make it easier to work with.
- Used Cailyn bright on eye balm for carving, sharpening the brows and fixing any mistakes using Mac 252. We all need this brush it’s supposed to be amazing! Its one of Collettes most loved brush! The eye balm is creating a blank canvas to work on which removes things such as veins on the eye lid.
- For the eyes The balm Meet Matte Trimony and The Nude’tude palettes were used. Collette starts with highlighting the brow bone and inner corner of eye with a matte white.
- Blank Canvas E24 brush – highlighting brow bone and inner corner
- Zoeva 221, 227 & 228 brushes. 228 for transition colour, 221 for building up colour and 227 for darker colour on outer V.
- Nima “Jennie” for blending out the edges
- Mac 212 brush to smudge out liner on bottom. Another brush like this is Blank Canvas E44.
- Collette used Urban Decay Naked Concealer and Cailyn bright eye primer with a Mac 252 on each eye to create a half cut crease look to give us an example on each eye. The Cailyn bright eye primer came out as a better blank canvas as it was more of a white Base. To create the cut crease go over your original crease.
- As she was using a gold glitter she settled the primer with a gold shimmer. Than blending previous colours together with the shimmer to take away the harsh line.
- The glitter used was Cailyn glitter in shade “Blondie” but to stick this collette uses Too Faced shadow insurance as a Base. To stick pigments down she applies straight to the wet concealer/primer used on the eye.
- Eye Rule : Eye colours used on top of to be used on the bottom.
- Eye liner used was The balm Gel pencil liner in black “Mr Right Now” which dries matte. This was smoked out using a Mac 212 brush.
- The balm “schwing” liquid liner was used for a wing liner. A liquid liner was used as it was easier to work with going over glitter and creates a nice smoother line than a gel would.
- The lashes used for the look were Rebeluna lashes in style “kate”. To apply the eye lash glue, cut a cotton pad in half and you have 2 applicators for applying the lash glue to the lash band. Wait about 30 seconds for glue to get tacky before applying to eyes.
- Primer used was The Balm Time balm primer.
- Foundation used was Cailyn HD in shade 03 & 04, mixed together to give an exact shade to match client as she had tan applied. This foundation is super full coverage so never use under the eyes, use concealer. Collette used a beauty blender to press foundation into the skin.
- Urban Decay concealer was used to highlight the face using a Morphe E8 brush to blend out.
- Cailyn banana powder was used to set areas of concealer. If you are Pale do not use this, use a translucent powder.
- To Contour she used The Balm Highlight N Con tour palette using a Mac 163 brush for bronzing but the Blank Canvas F04 is like this angled brush. And an Inglot 4ss brush for contouring with a darker shade and only bringing it out a small amount.
- Using none other than The Balm Mary Lou highlighter using a Sigma F35 brush to highlight the Cheek bones and top of nose and using a smaller brush to highlight cupids bow.
- The Balm Hot mama blush using a Morphe M509 brush.
- Cailyn lip liner in shade “maple”. Collette favourite shade! Uses it for all her lips bar a red lip. Using a real techniques lip brush, Cailyn lipstick in no 18 was applied. Oh what a lovely combo!
- Set everything with Mac Fix+! Also a good dupe someone said for that was Rose Water… hmm may try that out!
Picture you leaving the hair salon with a beautiful newly fresh shiny hair colour and you feel amazing, but unfortantly when not looking after your hair it turns all dull faded and you feel awful. I am here to help you! Here are a few tips to help you maintain your hair colour!
Good colour starts with healthy hair.
HYDRATE!! W hile bleaching your hair isn’t the best way to start, it is necessary to do in order to achieve a lighter or bright colour. Unhealthy, damaged hair will not hold colour well and being dry it loses its colour quickly. You may make it from black hair to blue in a week by bleaching your hair twice a day but that blue won’t hold because your hair is in awful condition. Be patient with your journey from dark hair to light hair. Make sure to nurture your hair. Hair masks and repair products are your best friends!
High quality hair colour
After healthy hair, the next most important thing is a very good hair colour product. I highly recommend going to a salon to get your hair done as we know what we are doing. . Since salon brands are gentle on your hair, it’s totally fine, and really highly recommended as they know when enough is enough with your hair.
Rinse with cool water.
This is actually a best tip if you have a funky colour in your hair. If you skip all other tips (please don’t, especially healthy hair!) this is the one to follow. Warm water opens the hair cuticle allowing colour to escape. I’m not saying you need to wash your hair with ice cold water, but in reality, the colder the better. Just use cold water for your hair and crank the heat up when doing your body.
While we’re on the subject of water, it should be noted that swimming in chlorinated water is awful for your hair colour. For good measures, just keep your hair dry as much as possible or smother your hair in conditioner before going in.
Use the right shampoo & conditioner!
The main step to long lasting colour is to use a colour save/protecting shampoo and conditioner. Depending on your colour you may need toning (e.g. for blondes that tend to go brassy, a purple shampoo is needed!) Stay away from a clarifying shampoo this stripes and gets rid of the colouring in your hair (i.e head and shoulders).
Sulfates and alcohol based products are another two huuuge things that will fade any hair color. Sulfate free shampoos can be kind of tricky to find sometimes, but they’re definitely worth switching to. Even with sulfate free shampoo, you should still try to cut back on shampoo use. Shampoo strips your hair of it’s natural oils, as well as the colour. If you’re lucky enough to not have super greasy hair skip washing every other day and use a dry shampoo on your off days. My dry shampoo of choice is Wella “Dry Me” It’s a little bit more expensive than others I’ve found and tried but easily the best!
Avoid heat styling.
If you must heat style (hey, I feel ya!), use a protectant! This Wella one is my personal favourite, I’ve been using it for a while now.
Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun.
Just like your skin, the sun isn’t necessarily good for your hair colour. The sun rays will bleach your hair which makes your colour fade. Try wearing a hat if you’ll be spending a long time in the sun. Highly recommended applying conditioner to your hair or even a leave in spray!