I started writing this as a post on my blog facebook page but it was just getting way too long so I decided to write it as a blog post. With everything going on in… More
So as you may know few weeks ago I went and got my first set of extensions! I am used to wearing clip in extensions and over a year ago I chopped my long hair off to a bob style. I was sick of clipping extensions in and waiting for my hair to grow so I finally gave in and got hair extensions that will last a few months.
I went and treated myself to new hair at Grow Unltd. Grow Unltd is in Waterford City and I would not look past them! They specialise in hair extensions as health and growth is their goal! They are also the only Kevin Murphy concept salon in Waterford. When I put one foot in the door I was amazed at how fabulous the salon looks and I was also greeted by friendly staff straight away.
I decided to do a blog post about my hair extensions as I got loads of people asking about them and complimenting them. This post will also help if you are thinking about getting extensions. Hair extensions are a great way to create that instant new look if its by length, thickness or even changing your colour. Here are some pictures of their amazing work:
Starting off I have fine hair but a lot of it and because of this I find it hard to get volume or body in my hair. I like the extensions as they give me the length of course but because they also give me lots of volume and thickness! Grow do a few ranges of hair extensions such as hairspray, gold fever and beauty works. I got the Beauty Works Luxury pre bonded hair extensions which are an award winning brand.
Do they hurt?
People have asked me do they hurt and the answer is no! The first day or two they can feel slightly heavy but that’s because I am not used to them and there is a lot of hair there than what you are used to!
How much are they?
This question cant really be answered as everyones hair is different. It all depends on how many extensions you’re getting, how many shades you want, the length you want, and if you are getting other services aswell such as your own hair coloured. This is why a consultation would be done before hand. A consultation is free and this is a must to find out what exactly will be done and find out your own personal price. Grow actually do special offer some months so keep an eye out for that, I got my Beauty Works 100 strand hair extensions 22″ in length for €300. Hair extensions are not cheap, you get what you pay for!
All hair extension services include a wash and blowdry before they are installed. This service is so relaxing as the chairs pull out and vibrate! Kevin Murphy products are used to prep your hair at the sink.
What is the aftercare like?
After paying that kind of money on your hair you need to look after them and go by the rules! They are treated like your own hair but with more attention and care. Extensions can get split ends and eventually look damaged after being styled over and over again without using heat protection spray so looking after them is a must to keep that shine and condition on them.
- The most important part of looking after hair extensions and keeping them in good condition is your shampoo and conditioner! Grow unltd use Kevin Murphy products and I started using these products when I got the extensions and just fell in love! All Kevin Murphy hair products are sulphate free, paraben free and cruelty free meaning they are super safe for hair extensions.
- Brush your hair extensions quite a bit every day. This is important because you don’t want your hair getting knotty and tangled up. Do not half arse doing it by running your fingers through it get a hair extension brush, keep it in your bag and brush it from the root down to separate each strand.
- When sleeping always tie your hair up as it prevents matting during the night if your like me and toss and turn during your sleep. I always braid mine or put a tight ponytail in at the back of the nape of neck. Having your hair loose it doesn’t help you may aswell not have it tied at all.
- Make sure to separate the bonds to prevent matting. Do this by running your fingers through the bonds and you may feel a couple of strands stuck together and you just have to pull these apart. This should be done daily!
Beautiful Skin Micellar Cleansing Water
My skin feels soft and hydrated after this with a bright and healthy look. Removes makeup quick and easy, only takes 2 cotton pads to take my makeup off! Also removes waterproof and long lasting makeup. What I love about this is it has a pump action bottle which allows you to control the amount of product you want.
Soft and Soothes Gentle Toner
I use this to remove the last bit of makeup left on my face. This also hydrates and refreshes the skin while being gentle. This is fragrance free and alcohol free which doesn’t give your skin that dry feeling afterwards!
Total Renew Micro – Dermabrasion Face Exfolitator
My skin felt so much fresh, bright and clear. The aluminium – oxide micro – crystals smooth, refine and renew wiping away dull cells to give you that radiance glow. Also helps to work against appearance of dark areas, sun damage or blemish prone skin. I only use this twice a week max. With exfoliators I am always afraid that they may be too harsh on your skin but this is not too rough but does the job it has to do.
Beautiful Skin Hydration Mask
As I have dry skin I find this gives an intense moisture and hydration boost. This is perfect for when your having bad skin and need a pamper night . It can be left on for 3 – 10 minutes. Leaves skin feeling soft and so smooth. The texture is light and settles onto your skin very well!
It has been festival season a while now but with Longitude being on this weekend I thought I would do a festival style post. Being festival season means bring out the tents and heading to the field for 2/3 days of music, drink and sunshine (maybe not in Ireland though…) This post is going to be filled with festival outfits for inspiration! I love seeing other peoples outfits and going about putting my own style onto it.
Pretty Little Thing:
Pretty Little Thing:
Pretty Little Thing:
Pretty Little Thing:
Pretty Little Thing:
Pretty Little Thing:
For a while I have been wanting to dive into trying out teeth whitening products because who doesn’t want a bright smile! I am always wanting that white Hollywood smile but with dental work nowadays costing some load I have used whitening stripes and loved them but as I drink a lot of tea I find my teeth just get stained so easily. I came across a toothpaste kit on blogs such as “The Beautiful Truth” and “Itsallgblog” so I ran in the next day and got them.
The products I have been using are the Oral-B White Luxe Perfection Toothpaste. I have been testing these out for 2 weeks now.
The toothpaste is clinically proven to remove up to 100 percent of surface stains in just three days and it is a great addition to your daily routine for the upkeep of your white smile.
Special technology within the toothpaste dissolves stains and prevents new stains from forming.
I have also been trying and testing the Accelerator that helps the Oral-B 3D White Luxe Perfection Toothpaste whiten the teeth.
It removes the surface stains and this small, additional step in your routine amplifies whiteness and ensures you get long-lasting stain protection and enamel care with every use.
This is designed to be used after brushing, it contains the highest level of stain removing technology that Oral-B has ever developed! Oral-B 3D White Luxe 2-Step System gives me a bright smile which lasts throughout the day so I can enjoy it without worrying about stained or ‘coloured’ teeth. The accelerator isn’t your usual toothpaste, it has a chalky type of texture.
I found these toothpastes to be such a game changer! My teeth look and feel better since using the toothpaste and accelerator. I am looking forward to using these products for longer as I know that when I am using these Oral-B products my teeth are protected from any new stains and will stay beautifully white no matter what I eat or drink.
My most loved time of the year is Festival Season. With Coachella over but more music festivals to happen during the summer this is the perfect time to try these looks out. What I love about festival looks is you can be unique and go crazy!!
My favourite looks would have to be ; Space buns, coloured hair, double dutch braids, glitter roots and middle parting braids. With festival looks don’t forget to accessories! This year there is way more accessories that just a flower crown, even though I do love that! Try adding hair charms to your braids, weave some coloured wool through your hair, head scarf or even fresh flowers.
The person I look to for hair inspo is Sophie Hannah Richardson;
Some hair inspiration from Pinterest:
For anyone that wants a different colour in your hair but also want it to wash out, well Loreal Colorista Sprays, is what you are looking for! I have black hair and they even show up in it which I was delighted about! Spray in and wash straight out 🙂
You have no idea how long I was looking for a red leather jacket for!
I used to never wear red, hated the colour and now I love it.. I fell in love with the jacket Michael Jackson wore and had to have one. Its a nice twist with a colour and far away from black. As I wear too much black it is nice to have a colour to make it pop.
If your like me and love a red leather jacket, here are a few outfit ideas (from pinterest);
Urban Decay Rehab Makeup Prep Range
Urban Decay, a well known and a well loved brand, has understood that makeup and skincare should go hand in hand as great makeup starts with even better skin!! They have now launched there very first skin care collection. On the night these were the ones that were used and talked about:
- Hot Springs Hydrating Gel – This product will hydrate, balance and energize your complexion post cleansing. Also has intense moisture without feeling greasy! It has a lightweight formula with its main ingredient being water. This gel instantly hydrates your skin and it will not cause your foundation to smudge. €29
- Melt down makeup remover – This product is a mighty makeup remover as it melts down the makeup and removes the longest lasting products that are so hard to budge, we all have that waterproof liner that is so hard to shift! Apply this all over and wipe away with a cloth. This creamy gel is non greasy so there is no need to wash off any residue afterwards. This is very good for removing fallout when you do your eyes first. €30
- Pore Refining Gel – This product is a vacuum for pores!! Made up of 9 skin nourishing plant extracts. This peel off mask significantly reduces the appearance of pores and leaves you with glowing skin. This is only applied to your T- zone or any problem areas! €29
- Lip Love – Your lips need love to so this product is on my list! This product hydrates, leaving them soft and smooth. With a blend of nourishing Shea butter and Coconut oil, this new lip moisturizer will keep lips from drying out. Great for you girls who wear long wear matte lipsticks!! Apply before going to bed to nourish those lips back up or apply a light coat before applying your makeup. €14
(picture credit – Urban Decay site)
Lisa Murphys Makeup Look:
- First off B6 spray was used. Spray over the face and leave sit for 30 secs to refresh the face.
- Lisa always uses a primer and really recommends them as they are necessary! Primers blend into the skin and into any fine lines and fills in any open pores. All products are sitting on it and acts as a barrier, great to apply where you find makeup comes off during the day! Works better when applied with hands.
- Urban Decay has 4 different types of primers. Lisa used the optical illusion primer for this looks as it is used for all skin types.
- The look lisa done was a day look so she popped on foundation first. Using the all nighter foundation and one pump usually does all thr face depending on what coverage you would like. The shade she used is 4.0 this colour is the most popular shade with tan. This tan oxidises 1 or 2 min than thats the shade it will be for the rest of day! Leaving undereye free from foundation as it would be to heavy! This foundation is so matte that it does need to be set.
- Concealer used was shade “light warm” Applying to under eyes! €23. Also comes in your colour correction shades; green, lavender, pink, yellow and peach.
- Next up is priming the eyes with Primer Potion “Eden” eye primer, this enhances any colour put on top of it. Set down with deslick powder, this is great for oily skin or if you find makeup slips off your face. This powder doesnt add any colour to face it keeps it the same colour as underneath. Using this to set eyes makes shadows blend so much easier.
- Using the new palette “Nocturnal” which contains the first every shadow urban decay ever realised!! This palette is selling out so quick as it is a great palette and a really versatile one. Top part is natural colours and bottom is crazy looks!! creating a nice day time look started with e29 brush using a credit gum….next colour is baby and focusing more on the lid! Than midnight cowboy with an eyeliner smudger brush focusing on inner corner
- Using 2 different bronzer, 1 as blush and 1 as bronzer! Sunkissed is lovely as blush with tan! Beached bronzer to use to bronze up the face using f107
Same brush to use for blush and using sunkissed. On pale skin it would be used as a bronzer but with tan gives a lovely blush
- Using 2 products for brows. Lisas loving powders now as gel gives to much of a definite brow.. using brown sugar brow box, each brow box palette comes with 2 shades and a wax, brow brush and tweezers. €26.50 .. Than a gel is used which highlights natural hairs on brows but also sets them into place and stray hairs!
- Mascara used is Perversion which is Blackest mascara they have! Subversion mascara is a white mascara but gives a great curl on the lashes. Leave sit for 10-15 seconds than apply perversion mascara on afterwards which gives an amazing end result!
- Lip liner, do not use one without being topped!! Your asking for a disaster! Using liner and lipstick called “714” which is red and using a mega matte lipstick. Urban Decay has 5 different finishs lipstick.
- Highlight using naked flushed palette.. €31 nooner lisas favourite one!
- Using same palette outer corner “backfire” focusing on outer corner in a v shape to give a night time eye look.
- Setting with all nighter spray, there is 3 different sprays; long lasting, oil control and cooling & hydrating. They can all be used throughout the day! Comes in mini which is ideal for nights out!
Stylist and Personal shopper in Debenhams Waterford, Elaine Douglas, showed us all the latest fashion trends. This is also a free service if you need a hand!
- All jeans in Debenhams stores mould to your body shape.
- If your legs are small and top is heavy, show off your legs by wearing print on your bottoms such as trousers, skirt and shorts as this draws less attention to your top part of your body.
- Jumpsuits are on trend big time this season!
- Have key items and mix and match your outfits!
- Bra sized should be checked every 6 months! Wearing the wrong size can put pressure on areas such as your back and shoulders.
If I learned something from the fashion side is to get in as soon as possible and get fitted for a bra properly!!